Current PSM Energy students can check here for information about the internship and how to get help. Be sure to get connected with Energy @ SIU.
Some internship job titles have included:
|Business Research Intern|
|Power Systems Data Analyst|
|Project Engineering Intern|
- You can check this list of companies and organizations that have provided internships and/or jobs in the past.
- SIU Alumni Association Extern Program
- Forbes: 10 Best Websites for Finding an Internship
- US Energy Industry Overview on Commerce.gov, including links to industry organizations
- Internships at Next Era Energy
- Think about what you’re interested in and what you want to get out of the internship. Think about your strengths and what you have to offer; also, think about limitations in terms of location, duration, etc. Use this information in communication with potential internship companies.
- Think about companies and industries that interest you, or start with a general search and narrow it down. Make a list and prioritize the companies if possible.
- Try to make contact with your chosen company(-ies) through your contacts (friends of friends), such as via LinkedIn, or apply through the normal internship channels. Be persistent, and be honest about your capabilities so that your internship will be the right fit.
- Keep the lines of communication open so that expectations for both sides can be met.
- Remember: you will need to write an internship report at the end of your experience.